Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Being Glamorous, For Less!


Lauren Conrad, Kate Middleton, and of course the Kardashian’s, oh the things I would do to be able to have a closet exactly like theirs. They are all lucky enough to be able to fork over the big bucks to live an amazing glamorous life, sadly I can’t. I’m also guessing most of you reading my blog don’t have millions of dollars to do so either. For me, glamour doesn’t mean you have to have tons of money or fame. To me glamour is all about the attitude, allure, and mind set in which you carry yourself. Being and living a glamorous life doesn’t have to be ridiculously expensive. Neither my husband nor I make millions of dollars a year at work, but I like to think that I live a pretty nice life. I live in a small country town and the closest mall is an hour and a half away but that doesn’t stop me from being up to date on all the latest trends! I am definitely not lucky enough to be invited to charity dinners or fashion shows but I always find simple ways to rock my wardrobe whether it be at weddings, birthday parties or even dinner. I'd rather be over dressed then be underdressed. There are tons of ways to be able to enjoy the nice things in life without having to spend a fortune. Here are some of my secrets to doing so!



Name brands for less
You can’t be glamorous without having great style! It’s that simple, but being stylish doesn’t mean you have to spend of fortune. I won’t lie, I’m a big sucker for Michael Kors and yes sometimes I blow four hundred dollars on a hand bag, but that’s not every month. When I want designer brands I go to T.J Maxx, you can find all kinds of big names like True religion, Coach, Michael Kors, Uggs, Seven Jeans and more all for reasonable prices. If I’m online shopping I always look for sites that offer designer brands at low prices such as Hautelook, Gilt, and Rue La La.   Don’t ever under estimate Target! They always feature fun designers for a low cost, so always be on the lookout. I’m a huge H&M Junkie! You can find everything and anything there for great prices. They have everything from work attire to swim suits, not to mention they have featured designers such as Versace.

Sales                                                                                                                                                                                                   
I always try to do my best to either shop for sales or at stores that offer high end looks with inexpensive prices such as H&M. Since I don’t have a mall nearby I mostly either shop at the boutique I work at or online. I have to admit I’m a sale fanatic (sometimes I go overboard), I have an email dedicated just to stores I like to shop at online. I always give my email to the stores I shop at most often, that way I’m always updated on promotions and sales.  There are always sales going on, you just have to be on the lookout!

Spa                                                                          
What girl doesn’t love being pampered with a day at the spa? Nowadays, a day at the spa can cost anywhere from a hundred dollars and up. A way to be able to have a spa day without having to spend in the three figure price range is look for promotions.  Many spas offer packages or promotions so before going to a spa check their website or call ahead to see what promotions they have going on.  Are there any new spas in your area opening up? When spas and even beauty salons open up they usually have amazing deals going on, in order to promote their new business. Just last month a new spa in the area opened up and had a great promotions going on. I got a spa package for four different visits to the spa it valued at four hundred and eighty nine dollars, I only paid forty nine for it.

Want to spend time with your girls? Invite some friends over for spa themed girls night.  You can always Google recipes for facials and hair treatments.

Makeup, Hair & Nails                                                                                            
Have you ever walked into Target and seen someone in sweats and thought, wow they look great even in sweats. Most likely that was because that person takes great care of themselves. One of the cheapest ways to always stay glamorous is take care of your face, hair, and nails. First, let me start by saying even if you don’t want to be glamorous you should always take care of yourself and your body.
MAKEUP- You can have a flawless face without having to buy your makeup at Sephora or the department stores. First, always wear a moisturizer on your face with at least SPF 15. If you don’t already do so, make it part of your daily routine. You should always protect your skin, unless you want tons of wrinkles when you get older. Buy a good primer. If you haven’t experimented with primers I suggest that you do! It’s a simple way to get your makeup to stay on for a long time and it makes the true colors come out of your makeup! A simple trick to staying glamorous is wear lipstick, it can transform any look from blah to oh la la. Also try to find dupes for expensive makeup; I suggest going on Google or YouTube and searching makeup dupes. Here is a great link that shows you dupes for high end blushes . Stock up on samples, it’s an easy way to try new products without having to spend money. Last, but not least you can become a Glammie for ten dollars a month.

HAIR- Always try to keep your hair as healthy as possible! Instead of going to the salon to get deep conditioning treatments, I would recommend using a hair mask at least every other week. You can buy them at Target, Wal-Mart, or any place that sells beauty products, they will cost you anywhere from $5-$25!  They help with damaged hair, split ends, and add vitamins to your hair. If you have colored hair get the kind for color treated hair. Try going on websites such as groupon they often offer color packages for cheaper than the salon price. Everyone loves a good blow-out, instead of going to the salon every week, go online to master the art of DIY Blowout.  Always try to keep your hair groomed and in place, there is nothing beautiful about a messy head of hair. I won’t lie I have curly hair and I’m guilty of rocking a bun on the top of my head, but I am trying to get better at it. For the hair that’s not on your head always try to keep that under control. There is nothing glamorous about having hairy legs or armpits. Try to keep your eyebrows under control. Don’t have any extra money to get them waxed? Go on YouTube and find great tips for tweezing your own eyebrows.

NAILS- I think a part of being glamorous is always trying to have your nails done! Getting a Mani-Pedi every other week can become pricey. So why not master the basics on your own and save a ton of money! Google how to give a Mani-Pedi, then go for it. Want to step it up a notch, go on Pinterst and find super cute ways to design them.

Easy Glamour!
Glamour doesn’t have to be hard. There are items that we all own that can make any outfit look glamorous. Items such as scarfs, glasses, heels, and jewelry are a must have in every woman’s closet. Sometimes all it takes is a simple scarf to make an outfit look trendy. Pearls are a classic, when it comes to sophistication. Always make sure that you are wearing clothes that flatter your figure. Don’t wear clothes that are either too small or way to big. Heels can transform an outfit, not to mention that they make us feel and look so much sexier.  Wear sexy lingerie, glamour starts with what you choose to wear under all your attire. Wearing something lacy makes me feel a so much more sexy, which impacts what mood im in for the day! Always make sure to look well put together. Most of all have fun, what’s the point of being glamorous if you can’t enjoy it!

My question of the day for you! What are simple ways that you make your life and look a little more glamorous?! Never forgot if you have any questions feel free to email me or comment below! 

XOXO


Heres a great Site to find great designier deals




3 comments:

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I Love to read what everyone has to say! (: