Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Little Surprise!!

Hey guys!!

 today you’re in for a treat! Emily from the blog The Sweetest Thing is here to share on how she makes her wardrobe go a long way!! If you already read her blog you know how she already looks great all the time by using some of her main staple pieces. 



Hi Everyone!
I am Emily, author of The Sweetest Thing Blog. Here’s a little about me: I’m a 25 year old newlywed from Arkansas. My husband, John, is in his third year of medical school. He’s from Columbus, OH. (We met in college!) After the complete of my MBA, I moved to Virginia to be with John as he was following his dream of becoming a physician. Insert blogging. Living away from home and picking up and moving wasn’t easy so blogging became not only an outlet, but a hobby. Now, insert, Kiki. I’ve made some wonderful friends via The Sweetest Thing blog.



Kiki graciously invited me over to share with you all how I make the most of my closet…
I did a post a few weeks ago called “Let’s Talk Finance”… this post was composed of what I consider as “Investment Pieces”.
When I say investment, I am referring to spending money on a product that you will wear to death! I am a firm believer in wearing the same article over and over and over.
Two reasons for this:
1. The Medical School Budget
2. There are too many people in this world that don’t have food/shelter/clothing so why should I own a bunch of "stuff" that isn’t being used.


Making the Most Out Of Your Closet
1.      Layer.
Some may think of “layering” as a trend, but, I see it as a staple. My favorite way to make a plain outfit a little more unique is to add a layer.
2.      Splurge on pieces that can be worn year round.
Buy quality pieces that can be worn year round. It’s easy to find cutesy summer dresses cheap – so budget your wardrobe.
3.      Think outside of the box.
Have fun and be creative. Matchy-matchy isn’t a rule anymore. Mix prints.



1.      In the first photo I am wearing a spring/summer dress… but put a long sleeve button down underneath.
2.      The second photo is from NYE… I used an old Old Navy sequin tank top that I wear year round – and put a blouse I found at Goodwill underneath it to dress it up and winter-fy it!
3.      In the third photo, I am wearing a chambray dress (chambray matches everything!) with a gingham button down beneath.
I hope this inspires you and helps you think differently about you "old" clothing. I have a faux fur vest and a plaid shirt that I seriously wear weekly. I always pair something different so that no one ever notices that I wear the same thing over and over.

Come visit The Sweetest Thing sometime!


 She’s great right?! If you don’t already follow her I suggest that you do! Her blog might just be my favorite! I look forward to reading her posts. I even got my co-worker hooked on it.


I hope you guys have a fabulous day! 


Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

9 comments:

  1. she is absolutely one of my favorites too! great guest post Emily :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beyond adorable! Newest follower of her blog :)

    -Marcy
    mybudgetfriendlyfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of layering a button up under a summer dress, I've honestly never thought of that! I seriously need to find the perfect button up, asap.

    Olive & Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her style is super cute! Thanks for sharing!


    kashiariley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so darling! And so are you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot".
    "International Directory Blogspot" It's 165 Countries and 8790 Websites !
    Missing yours join us
    If you join us and follow our blog, you will have many more visitors.
    It's very simple, you just have to follow our blog, enter your Country and your blog url in a comment, and you will be automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world and to share different passions, fashion, paintings, art works, photos, poems.
    So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    We ask you to follow the blog "Directory" because it will give you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Please follow our blog, it will be very appreciate.
    I wish you a great day, with the hope that you will follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice on your blog, in order to introduce the "directory" to your friends.
    Regards
    Chris
    I follow your blog, I hope it will please you
    To find out more about us, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always try to buy stuff that can be worn in the summer or in the winter. I also like the remark about not having stuff you don't use, because not everyone is lucky enough to have clothes... Great post, hands down!:)

    ReplyDelete

  8. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out.
    http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-3.html Thanks again
    Lenetta

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I Love to read what everyone has to say! (: